Nickey Romero Live @ Ultra Music Festival Miami (UMF) – 15.03.2012
Download this full set in HQ here: Download (Soundcloud)
About Nicky Romero: Nicky Romero, real name Nick Rotteveel, was born January 6th 1989 in the small city of Amerongen, Holland. A keen interest in the drums and an early career spinning house and r&b quickly evolved into an unbridled passion for music production. Early releases, picked up by boutique outfit Once Records, caught the attention of some of the more established labels: Spinnin’, Fly Eye, Toolroom and Flamingo Recordings.
As he worked on honing his sound – a seductive blend of progressive house tinged with electro and acid – he sent a bootleg of David Guetta smash When Love Takes Over out into the world. The track’s online success piqued the interest of Guetta himself and in that moment Romero found his mentor and champion. They have since collaborated on multiple projects including Metropolis and Wild One Two, and in the summer of 2012 Nicky Romero accepted a residency at David Guetta’s infamous FMIF club night at Pacha/Ushuaia Ibiza.
Today Nicky Romero is paying it forward with his Protocol brand, championing up and coming artists like Nilson and Tony Romera with his record label, club night and radio show. Despite only having been launched during ADE 2012, Protocol Radio already has more than 20 million listeners worldwide and continues to grow at a rapid rate, whilst out of Protocol’s four record releases, three have hit the number one spot on the Beatport charts.
Recent studio output includes a track on Rihanna’s album Unapologetic, a huge collaboration with Calvin Harris called Iron, a Madonna remix and releases with Fedde Le Grand, Nervo, and the collaboration with Avicii, I Could Be The One (Universal). His solo releases, tracks like Toulouse, Se7en and Generation 303 have received massive support from a veritable who’s who of dance music aristocracy. As a performer too, he is a force to be reckoned with. Behind the decks his tenacity and ability to work a room was rewarded as he rounded out an intense international touring schedule with sets on the mainstage of both Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas and Tomorrowland.
2012 may have been the best year yet for Nicky Romero, but there is no reason to expect the train will stop here. Pushing relentlessly forward and with the wind at his back, the Nicky Romero brand will continue to mature, becoming an increasingly influential and venerated force in the international music arena.
01. Avicii & Nicky Romero – I Could Be The One (Nicktim) (Vocal Mix)
02. Nicky Romero – Legacy w/ Syndicate Of L.A.W. – Right On Time (2000 Countdown The Holly Digit) w/ Zedd feat. Matthew Koma – Spectrum (Acappella)
03. Tony Romera – Pandor w/ Tony Romera – Pandor (Hardwell Rambo Edit)
04. David Guetta feat. Ne-Yo & Akon – Play Hard (Albert Neve Remix) w/ Bassjackers – ID w/ Fatboy Slim – Ya Mama (Push The Tempo) (Acappella)
05. Calvin Harris feat. Ellie Goulding – I Need Your Love (Nicky Romero Remix)
06. Nicky Romero – Toulouse (Tommy Trash Remix) w/ Nicky Romero – Toulouse
07. Nicky Romero – Ultra ID 1
08. Fedde Le Grand & Nicky Romero feat. Matthew Koma – Sparks (Turn Off Your Mind) w/ W&W & Ummet Ozcan – The Code
09. ID – ID
10. Nicky Romero – Symphonica (Bare Remix) w/ Nicky Romero – Symphonica w/ Will.I.Am feat. Eva Simons – This Is Love (Acappella)
11. Faustix ft Kamilia Amélie – Machine
12. Nicky Romero & NERVO – Like Home
13. David Guetta & Nicky Romero – Metropolis w/ Delerium feat. Sarah McLachlan – Silence (Acappella)